Good design inspires action. We design experiences that extend across multiple channels to connect with our clients’ customers and create lasting impressions.
User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) design encompasses many aspects of a website including the visual design, information architecture, content, usability and interactive features (animations, user interactions etc.).
The design process starts with input sessions with the client and completing a Project Profile which includes goals, industry research, target audience Persona profiles, analytics, and researching best-in-class design examples.
Utilizing the information architecture defined in the sitemap and wireframes, the web design is created in Sketch. A prototype is then created using InVision showing key pages. While every website is different we incorporate well-tested design principles and aesthetics on every project.
Some of these include:
- Emphasis on a ‘clean’ design, including the layout, typography and color
- Highlighting content over design
- Subscribing to ‘a just enough is more’ design credo i.e. not over designing or adding gratuitous design elements
- Incorporating a generous use of white space to make pages easier to read and use
- Using color sparingly to help highlight ‘calls to action’ and content
- Utilizing a Responsive Web Design and a Mobile First development approach, so the site displays optimally on mobile, tablet and desktop computers
- Adhering to usability best practices such as standardized navigation schemas, user interactions (mouseovers, links, visited links) and open layouts with vertical scrolling
- Large font sizes e.g. standard paragraph text at 14 pt or larger
- Placing the most important content on the left side of the page, e.g. placing photos and content there, not secondary navigation
- Utilizing large, visual drop downs from the primary navigation
Other factors critical to a successful web design are specific to the website type. Here are some of the types of sites we specialize in:
How Effective Is Your Website Design?
Wondering how your website can be improved? Fill out the form and we’ll send you recommendations for improving the design and branding of your website.