E-commerce requires the ultimate UX design since it needs to accommodate all aspects of the web from information architecture to Internet marketing to user interface design to shopping cart processes. It is a unique discipline that requires extensive experience.
Here are some of the different aspects of an effective e-commerce site:
- Developing easy to use navigation schemas including multiple ways to explore a website e.g. related products, tags, advanced search
- Designing easy to use interfaces, highlighting the products and an intuitive check out process
- Developing effective Landing pages that convert users and are easy to deploy ‘on the fly’ for different campaigns
- Implementing best practices for shopping cart design, including step by step checkout, multiple help tips, easy to read pages
- Product comparison tables for easily understanding the difference between similar products
- Home pages with a clean visual hierarchy and an area for seasonal specials
- Social Media integration
- On-site community and user features such as discussion boards, commenting, wish lists, order history and user profiles
- SEO optimized content
Want to boost your website's performance? Submit the form below for a detailed report that evaluates the design, marketing, and functionality of your website.