- No licensing fees i.e. free, a large installed base and supported by an extensive community of developers.
- Wide adoption by large organizations (BBC, United Nations, MTV, The White House, Warner Brothers and the Discovery Channel) utilizing non-proprietary and standardized technology (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- An extensible platform providing well tested core features, such as WYSIWYG editing, keyword search, sorting and filtering, user account management, e-commerce, permissions controls, revision control, RSS and integration with services like Google Analytics. These ‘out of the box’ features save time/cost as opposed to developing them from scratch.
- Integration with SalesForce.com, Google Maps, Facebook and other external platforms.
- Thousands of add-on modules are also available as well as new modules added regularly.
- Well suited for running large, complex web sites including high performance features such as caching and throttling.
- Wide adoption and recognition as the premier open source CMS. Voted best CMS for non-profits.
We have worked with Drupal since 2005 and have numerous clients using it to run their websites, including:
EBSCO Publishing, Ipswich MA
BNN TV, Boston, MA
Better Homes and Gardens, New York, NY
Summit Educational Group, Newton, MA
Joule Unlimited, Cambridge, MA
Olympus (Innov-X Systems), Woburn, MA
Boston Design Guide, Sudbury, MA