- A highly tested and evolved platform, first released in 2001, now at version 7 that includes extensive documentation and enterprise level support from companies such as Acquia.
- No licensing fees i.e. free, a large installed base and supported by an extensive community of developers.
- Wide adoption by large organizations (BBC, United Nations, MTV, U.S. Federal Agencies, Warner Brothers, Harvard, MIT and the Discovery Channel) utilizing non-proprietary and standardized technology (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) with advanced security capabilities.
- An extensible platform providing well tested core features, such as WYSIWYG editing, keyword search, sorting and filtering, user account management, e-commerce, permissions controls, revision control, weekly security updates, RSS and integration with services like Google Analytics. These ‘out of the box’ features save time/cost as opposed to developing them from scratch.
- Seamless integration with the e-commerce platform Drupal Commerce. This platform has received large amounts of investment and rivals other high end platforms such as Magento. It is the only platform built on an enterprise CMS, connecting content, products and community seamlessly. Learn more.
- Integration with SalesForce.com, Google Maps, Facebook and other external platforms.
- Thousands of add-on modules are also available as well as new modules added regularly.
- Well suited for running large, complex web sites including high performance features such as caching and throttling.
- Millions of website installations, with wide adoption and recognition as the premier open source CMS. Voted best CMS for non-profits.
We have worked with Drupal since 2005 and have numerous clients using it to run their websites, including:
EBSCO Publishing, Ipswich MA
BNN TV, Boston, MA
Better Homes and Gardens, New York, NY
Summit Educational Group, Newton, MA
Joule Unlimited, Cambridge, MA
Olympus (Innov-X Systems), Woburn, MA
Boston Design Guide, Sudbury, MA